Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spring cleaning

Well, it's that time of the year again. Spring cleaning time to be exact. I am now sitting in a pile of stuff I haven't seen for ages. Maybe me having a closet wasn't such a good idea... But I am super glad that it is getting warmer. A while ago, I walked two dogs because it was so nice! I can't believe that summer is going to be here so soon. Hopefully, I will graduate on time. If I don't, then I am going to have to do school into May, which I REALLY don't want to. And my grandpa is visiting from California in a few weeks, and I won't be doing much school when he is here, because he only comes once a year for a month at a time. Here is what I have planned out for April:


  • Amish auction to look at horses
  • Hoosier horse fair
  • Equine affair
  • Rolex cross country phase 
That's a lot of stuff in my opinion! Plus it is my sisters birthday that month. Phew! April, come at me bro!

Yesterday I found another potential boarding stable. It wasn't the prettiest of all places, but was much nicer than most! It had a:

Heated wash rack
A chute to hold a horse for when the vet or farrier comes out
14x16 stalls
Indoor riding arena
Outdoor riding arena
Round pen
Pastures
Each horse gets their own paddock
They provide hay, grain, and bedding
They feed, water, and clean stalls for you.
The property is very very well maintained
The stalls are cleaned several times a day
It is mare and gelding friendly (There were actually more mares than geldings from what I saw...)
They accept all ages of horses (I have seen stables that only accept a certain age range. Pretty odd.)
The stalls are matted
They have heated water buckets

But the thing is, it's by my trainers house, which means it's far. It's 30 minutes away, and I don't know if my mom is willing to drive me that far. If I went Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and some Sundays, that would be almost 5 days a week. 4 days a week would be perfectly fine to, and she already takes my to my trainers house 3-5 days a week anyways. I have ridden 5 days in a row as of yesterday, so I might get little buzz's like that sometimes. It just depends I guess... I'm just really scared that a few months after owning my horse, my mom will start saying no every time I ask her to take me to the barn, and I'll have to end up selling the horse. I do NOT want to lease my horse, and I plan on joining 4-h & pony club with it. I am certainly going to lease a horse at that barn first though, and see if I can really afford it and if my mom is really up to taking me 3-5 times a week.

I don't know why I am talking about it so much. After all, I'm not getting a horse for at least 2 more years, when I have the money & experience.

Peace out!

-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment